Subject: [Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sat Oct 23 14:53:25 2004

Karen Nakamura wrote:

> As most of you know, I went to the Tsukiji Central Fish Market in Tokyo
> a few weeks ago.  I finally got around to putting the photographs on the
> web:
>
> http://photoethnography.com/gallery/tsukiji2004/index.html
>

> Enjoy! And comments welcomed.
>
> Karen

Hi Karen,

This is a very interesting series for me being a food professional.
Especially the idea of fresh tuna is very interesting because here in
Europe even 'fresh' tuna is at least two weeks old and of course was frozen.
The market reminds me very much of 'Rungis' in Paris. Exactly the same
kind of place except that they not only sell tuna but anything food
related, from fish to meat and vegetables and so on and off course all
at night.
The Japanese three layer forged knives are very nice. Actually they do
the same thing in Norway. Three layers of iron, very sharp and hardly no
rust. And when I say sharp i really mean sharp.
 From a photographic point of view I also like the pictures very much.
Actually your whole site is very interested and also gives a lot of
useful info on classic camera's.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos)