Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica M4-2
From: alexglissan at hotmail.com (Alexander Glissan)
Date: Sun Oct 24 13:29:05 2004

Does anyone know whether the M4-2 has brass top and bottom plates?
Some places (web sites) I have seen, say yes (even though it states that
they were black chromed). Other people say they look ugly because they WERE
black chromed (which I guess insinuates that they were the first with zinc
allloy top and bottom plates). Reason: A friend of mine has a Mint M4-2 and
was considering whether or not to strip it back and have it PAINTED black. I
said "man you are crazy and you will wreck it" He said no "I think its
Brass". I am alos interested in getting one and would like to know.

Cheers

Discover how everyone & everything in our world's connected:
http://www.onebigvillage.com.au?&obv1=hotmail

Replies: Reply from vintagepedaler at comcast.net (denik) ([Leica] RE: Leica M4-2)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] RE: Leica M4-2)