Subject: [Leica] re: Slighty OT - Scanner Question (Wade Heninger)
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Oct 26 16:45:52 2004

Just started using an Epson 4870.

Enjoying the large transparency area (2 4X5 negs -- 4 6 neg strips of
35mm) Transparency scans look superior to my Polaroid SprintScan 35+
dedicated film scanner.

Scans from color negs and slides and B&W negs print well at the 13X19
max of my Epson 2200.

ICE scans don't do all that much for me, too many artifacts. This site
has a decent technique for combining them with regular scans:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/ice.shtml

I'm pretty satisfied with the Epson Scan that came with it. Haven't
used the limited edition SilverFast that was included.

Ric Carter