Subject: [Leica] Newbie wades in, lured by the Noctilux
From: jklu at sas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey Lu)
Date: Wed Oct 27 20:57:32 2004

I have an M3 permanently mated to a Noctilux.  To me, they're made for
each other.  The thick 50mm framelines, almost lifesize VF, and high
EBL just work.  I tried the Noct on 0.72 bodies, but I like my
framelines to fill the vf.   I hardly ever use the Noct in situations
where i need to work so rapidly that the rewind knob and quirky loading
made me lose a shot.  Actually I find the knob better than the crank
because I always lose the crank and have to re-tighten the film.

The first version should be less than the latest version.  The built-in
hood of the latest doesn't bother me the least bit FWIW.

If you find framing/focusing on an SLR easier than RFs...

Jeff