Subject: [Leica] OT: press freedom?
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed Oct 27 23:23:13 2004

I wouldn't count on them helping you in the US. Several years back, I was
assaulted, by the owner of a factory, while covering a labor dispute. The
judicial system in LA County expressed no interest in the case. I contacted
the RSF a number of times, reaching only an answering machine. I was never
called back.
Another time, I faced serious intimidation from the organized crime unit in
Long Beach, CA, in an effort to suppress my coverage of a labor dispute. By
then, I didn't even bother to call the RSF.
S. Dimitrov