Subject: [Leica] Infinity and beyond
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Oct 28 14:08:56 2004

Very, very, very seldom does an M lens turn too far. Very, very, very
commonly the rangefinder is slightly out such that the superimposed
images pass each other at infinity.

The very first thing to check is that what the heck you are focusing on
is far enough away. I recommend 3 kilometers or 2 miles as a minimum.
Do not try it through glass either as window glass is not very flat.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Infinity and beyond)