Subject: [Leica] Newbie wades in, lured by the Noctilux
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Oct 28 17:34:53 2004

If your eyes are fine then the 0.72x finder will be fine as well. I
never had any focusing troubles with my Noctilux. If the rangefinder
was on the negs were on. The Nocti has a very narrow depth of focus so
you may have to have the body and lens calibrated.

I liked my Nocti and it is the most flare proof piece of glass I have
ever used bar none. Regardless, I sold my Nocti because I kept having
to back up with the 1.0m focus limit. I switched to a Summilux, which
focuses to 0.7m, and have no problems since.

I bought the Nocti because I am always shooting in low light. If you
are not then why bother?

John Collier

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Newbie wades in, lured by the Noctilux)