Subject: [Leica] Which Crop?
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glen Staufer)
Date: Sat Oct 30 05:44:02 2004

> > From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
> > Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:17:15 +0100
> > To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
> > Subject: [Leica] Which Crop?
>

> > LUGers,
> >
> > The same photo, two different crops. Goodwood Revival shot against the
> > light,
> > 5cm Summarit, ISO 400
> >
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/album89/SpectatorsGoodwoodRevival2004
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/album89/SpectatorsGoodwood2Revival2004

I lean toward the first cropping.  My eye doesn't really know where to
go with the second one - I find myself shifting between the young
couple on the left or the group with the woman turned toward the two
men.  The rest of the photo to the right of that woman feels
distracting.  I might consider cropping either tighter than the first
to remove the small bit of the woman's face on the right side or
looser to include that woman in her entirety.

Glenn

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Which Crop?)