Subject: [Leica] M7 occasional jam?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Oct 30 15:03:03 2004

eric asked:

>Sometime when I am rapidly firing off shots, my M7 will jam.
>Seems to happen when I try to advance the film before the shutter curtain
>completes its cycle.

>I can complete the windstroke but the shutter release will not depress.
>Not sure what 'un jams' it, but wiggling this and that and taking lens off
>and putting it on will fix it.
>IE, I am not sure what set things right again.

>Anyone experiencing this before?<<<<<

Hi Eric,
Not really in this fashion, but if you're shooting on AE lock it maybe the
camera internal metering function may not be re-acting as fast as you are
shooting? As in each time you trip the shutter the camera maybe trying to
set the correct shutter speed for different exposures as the camera picks-up
different exposure values. Maybe?

ted