Subject: [Leica] Light and a continuation of the discussion
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Nov 1 18:44:02 2004

In decent conditions, Ted's shadow side style works wonders.  However, I
recently was photographing in two locations that were photographic
purgatory.

The first was a cavernous cube of a room, 20m X20m X 10m with the lights
turned down to 11:00pm Scandinavia in November.  You know, 1/2 second at
F1.4 at 800ISO.  The only light was what I brought and bouncing off the
dark wood wasn't really practical.  Other than passing on the pictures,
or using banks of radio slaved lights on different channels depending on
where the group looked I lived with some pretty ugly just off camera
flash.

Any ideas?

The second was a concert in a fairly well lit gymnasium.  The problem
was there was no shadow side, only nice even light without variation.
As I saw it, the only option was F1.4 and be there.

Again, any thoughts on shooting differently?

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul) ([Leica] Light and a continuation of the discussion)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Light and a continuation of the discussion)