Subject: [Leica] photoshop books
From: stasys1 at gte.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Mon Nov 1 20:43:07 2004

Brian- I'e taken photoshop classes at a community college- Intro to
Photoshop- quite lengthy ones (16 weeks). Did it twice.  When you buy an
official version of photoshop, you get the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 or whatever
version "Classroom in a Book". The book contains quite a few lessons- 7.0
has 18 lessons. They typically take an hour or so to go thru- and result in
you actually learning the techniques required to make edits and changes to
your photos.

There are CD's included in some of the books.

Another source of good info is Adobe Photoshop 7.0 "Studio Techniques" by
Ben Willmore. The list price is $50 USD. Sometimes you can get a savings by
buying one used on Amazon or such.

Good luck to your daughter. I know it is helpful to have a young mind for
all the steps required when working photoshop- there are a lot of them
required for more sofisticated (sic) steps.
Stasys