Subject: [Leica] Today - was Tomorrow-a picture
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Nov 2 06:40:06 2004

> were snaking along streets for hundreds of yards.  I've been voting in the
> UK for 20 years and I've lived in several cities and I've never had to
> queue
> to vote  with more than three or four people in front of me.
>
> What's all that about then?

Probably overly cautious, everyone walking on egg-shells, going by the
book.

Or maybe a lot more people are voting than was the norm?

The last time I voted (in person) in the US was way back in the 70's. I
don't remember any line then. Nothing to speak of anyway. Believe me, if
my mother was one of the officials (she's retired like many of them),
you'd be waiting a long time too. I love her, but she's not the quickest
lady when under pressure.

Daniel