Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 2 07:29:22 2004

Gene said:

> As I voted this morning, I was shooting photos of the voters.  After I had
> made my choices, I was going to take another shot, and the older lady
> volunteer, asked if it was ok for photos to be taken.  She asked that I
> not take any, and I said as far as I knew there was no restriction, but I
> would not take any more if it made her feel easier.  Later she came back
> and told me that she checked and it was indeed ok to take photos, and
> invited me to continue with my photographing the area.  The key here is to
> be polite and they will let you work once they are satisfied that it is
> ok.

Way to go Gene!  Good on you lad! :-)  Politeness wins once again!

Today it seems everytime one turns around there's some Assh..... making a
big scene of trivial things when all that is required is.... staying cool
and ask politely, as in your gentlemanly manner. Heck and if you are not a
working photographer what's the big deal if one didn't get a couple of
pictures to merely test the system.

But in each case I feel if the photographer's legal right allows pictures to
be taken, certainly without being a damn fool and sticking his camera in the
face of the subject the law that he can, one would think with some
discretion.

And the moment of questioning by a worker should be carried to authorities
particularly where it's the right of the individual to shoot is being
refused.

However, being polite begets far more honey and cooperation than being a
loud mouth son of a bitch with all the flag waving rights crap.

ted

Replies: Reply from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] Tomorrow)