Subject: [Leica] apo extender 1.4 question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Nov 3 12:29:13 2004

Simon said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] apo extender 1.4 question

> Thanks for all your replies.
> I tried it carefully today with my 180 f2.0 and it fits without hitting
> anything.
> Strangely though the aperture shown in the viewfinder is now 3.4 .
> I expected 2.8.Now that i,m at last developping my own film i,ll do a ring
> around test and will check the true aperture of the combo as well.
> best regards,simon jessurun
> amsterdam,the netherlands <,,

Simon don't sweat it, it shows 3.4 with any of the fast lenses. So forget
about it, just focus and shoot whatever it is you're shooting as the
difference is only the number in the viewfinder and not any actual exposure
difference.

if the lens is wide open it may say 3.4 but it's actually just wide open..
so shoot!

All other aperture numbers will show as corrct. Trust me I've used the 1.4
and 2X on any lens I can get them on and have even used the 2X on the 15mm
lens just to see what it looked like and it worked very well. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] apo extender 1.4 question)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] apo extender 1.4 question)