Subject: Levelling: [was Re: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)]
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Nov 3 20:33:30 2004

How did we live without Photoshop?  Well we put graph paper on the enlarger
easel, and then rotated it for the horizon.  We also tipped the easel up by
various corners until the building verticals were straight.  For small
corrections a pile of pennies under the easel corners worked nicely.  And
if you tipped the easel up much, you had to dodge down the print as you
exposed it.

Or, you just photographed mostly people and tried not to worry about it too
much.  Straight horizons and parallel verticals are bourgeois concepts.  :-)

Shh, Ted, don't tell Sandy I said that!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul) (Levelling: [was Re: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)])
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) (Levelling: [was Re: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)])