Subject: [Leica] A review of the Kodak all B&W SLR (now non-existant)onLuminous Landscape
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 4 09:48:59 2004

> Adam Bridge said:
>
>> If you check out:
>>
>> <http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/kodak-760m.shtml>
>>
>> You'll find an interesting review. The words "Leica M glass" are often
>> heard.
>>
>> This screams to me that Leica needs to make a B&W version of the
>> digital M - a camera MADE for black and white.
>>
>> Yeah yeah, I know all the reasons not to for Leica - but damn it this
>> is a camera system which could set the standard for black and white
>> digital photography and if someone like Leica doesn't do it then no
>> one will and we'll be stuck with half-assed approximations of what can
>> be done.<<<<,

I wouldn't want to spend big bucks on a B&W-only model and come to think of
it I'd rather shoot RAW so I have the option of experimenting with color
filters at a later stage and so I'd have the option of using color if the
subject worked better that way.  IMHO the B&W-only model is analogous to
B&W television now, an "economy" model for a product in its infancy.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .