Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux-Asph warranty update
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Nov 6 04:46:54 2004

I am not even sure about the Ferrari! I know that Ferrari still make
new parts for the collectors market.
AFAIK the only original Dino is in the possession of Tony Smith who
bought it in New Zealand where it had been used in the Tasman series
and not brought back. I had heard the works cars were all destroyed.
Tony's car had a V12 engine fitted when he bought it. It is currently
being restored to its original F1 V6 spec by George Fowles, who looks
after all Tony's cars.
The Jag, I have no idea, I am not very knowledgeable about sportscars,
perhaps a "C" type, I am assuming that it is not a single seater (AFAIK
Jag never built one) and the OOF wheel in the background is from
another car.
I was a spectator in the '60s but have mainly been interested in F1.
cheers
Frank