Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW State Music Winners
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Nov 6 05:32:57 2004

This week I alluded to shooting in some difficult lighting situations.
This week's collection was shot in a gymnasium that had ridiculously
flat light.  Most of the images were shot at F1.4 or F2 to try to add
interest by isolation.

The first image is of one of the second chair flutists warming up:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAFluteOOF

Next, the band director working with the students on hitting entrance
and exit points for different instruments.  These performers only had
eight hours to work together on some fairly challenging material:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAconductorpoint

Of course, after final rehearsal comes utter boredom waiting for
performance time.  These band members waited like all musicians,
occupying time:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAcardplayerstight

Like all high school functions, proud parents want to record the moment:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAchoirparents

Getting ready for the orchestra, the concert master tunes the orchestra.
Incidentally, this young man is only in ninth grade.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAconcertmaster

Last, no large function would be complete without the extremely cute
younger sibling:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album86/GAcuteyoungersister

If you have followed me this far, please bear with me.  On the Lugforum
many participants have been lamenting the election being taken by
bigoted evangelicals.  I have to say, that even in the heart of "Cracker
Georgia" Georgians coming from "Christian Schools" there was no hint of
intolerance, bigotry, or homophobia exhibited in this statewide group of
students and their parents.  Georgia is about as red a state as you can
get, and about as Bible belt as anyplace in America, but homophobic
racism wasn't why most people voted the way they did.

Now back to comments always appreciated.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Don's PAW State Music Winners)