Subject: [Leica] Commutative M7, Porsche, and Porsche
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 6 11:12:50 2004

In a message dated 11/6/2004 12:03:59 PM Central Standard Time,
phong@doan-ltd.com writes:
Alex  Hurst wrote:
> I now have a wonderful coffee maker and juicer made by Siemens,
> Germany, but "designed by F.A. Porsche".

Not that you implied it, but I believe that F.A. Porsche
is a design firm, unrelated to Porsche the car company
except by name.

- Phong
The firm is not related, but the Porches are. Up until 1972, Ferdinand A.
Porche headed the design department at Porche A.G. in Stuttgart.  Then he
opened
Porche Design Gmbh, parent to today's Porche Design.  My monitors are marked
"design by F.A. Porche."

Cameras by F.A. Porche include the Rollei QZ35, and the Fujifinepix digital,
which we remember is the OEM of the first Leica Digitals.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Commutative M7, Porsche, and Porsche)