Subject: [Leica] imac
From: ccstirkjr at yahoo.com (CHARLES STIRK JR C)
Date: Sun Nov 7 09:51:45 2004

Robert  I was at the same decision point recently ,went
with a laptop due to need for a location storage solution
and recent price drop .

  I think the new  i mac is  pretty safe choice you will be
limited to two slots for ram right now thats 2 gig max in
theory limiting but in practice probably not so much .
Another is the LCD not meant to be as good as there other
monitors but looked just fine to me , but I found the
default setting on my imac g3 work just fine  every thing
matching up nicely  ....also check the Apple Certified
Reconditioned Products on the apple site .......

Chuck

C. C. Sirk Jr.  Photography & Imaging
Charles C. Stirk Jr.
201 North Woodward Ave
Wilmington , Delaware
19805-1147
mobile 302.463.2239
tel 302.999.7733
ccstirkjr@yahoo.com
Aolim id ccstirkjr

 the    I'm looking pretty seriously at an Apple G5 and
will probably go
with the G5
iMac with the thin 20in screen integrated into the computer

hardware.  I
have used mostly PC's in my work but my spouse has a G4 and
like using it
for working with photoshop and Nikon software.  I'd like to
know
if we have
G5 users on the group and if so, are the users pleased?
>From
what I
understand, the G5 is a terrific machine for graphics and
manipulation of
large graphic files if you have ample memory.  I''ll
probably go
with the
1.8mhz processor.  If I had and was willing to spend it,
the
stand along G5
with dual processors looks sweet but given the way I'll be
using
mine (not
for profit...hobby type work), I'm thinking the G5 iMac
would be
the best
solution for me.  I use a Nikon D70 and will be getting a
scanner for use
with my M6.

Thoughts?

Thanks,