Subject: [Leica] Loose shutter release collar
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glen Staufer)
Date: Sun Nov 7 14:22:35 2004

I have an M6 that I bought through ebay in June.  Recently, I had to
send it back to the seller to get the frame counter repaired under his
warranty.  Everything has been working fine except that I noticed that
the wind lever seemed loose today.  Further inspection revealed that
the collar around the shutter release was loose.  Seems this holds the
wind lever in place.  I hand-tightened it but that only held for a few
frames.  I'd rather not go to the trouble of returning the camera
again if this is something I can tighten up myself.  Anyone familiar
with how things are assembled there and what I need to do to get the
collar to stay tight?

Thanks, Glenn Stauffer

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Loose shutter release collar)