Subject: [Leica] MP Viewfinder still flare
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Nov 7 16:53:48 2004

I was surprised by this residual flare myself when I was looking at
recent model M's earlier this year.  The three recent M7s and one MP
I looked at all flared at the left and right edges of the rangefinder
patch under the right conditions.  This was a big disappointment
since the flare in my Wetzlar M6 was annoying and I wanted a camera
that was free of it.

Strictly by chance I looked at Betriebskamera M7 in the same serial
number range as these other cameras (2,88X,XXX) and it didn't flare
at all.  I bought it.  This experience make me wonder if the residual
flare in the other recent M7s and MPs isn't an alignment issue since
I understand that the Betriebskamera models are all individually
reworked before being put on the market,