Subject: [Leica] Update images using the R-D1
From: hans.pahlen at telia.com (Hans Pahlen)
Date: Mon Nov 8 06:53:27 2004

Thanks for sharing! Well, these pics look really great, in every way.
Gridstone, Cemetary road and Eastpoint light are my favourites.
I too, have been contempating about this camera. What stops me is the 1,5x
factor, meaing that a 21mm lens will become a 30mm lens, the 35mm will
become a 50mm, etc etc.
I have been using Nikon DSLR:s for a couple of years, and the wide angle is
always a problem. My widest lens is the 17-55/2.8 zoom, that works like a
25-82mm zoom.

For me, the Leica and RD-1 type of cameras are best for 21-28-35-50mm lens,
and a 15mm lens would equal 22mm. But what is the finder like? Does it work
like a DSLR, so that you don't need extra finders on top of the camera?

Here are some more quick questions:
-Can the SA21/3.4 be used on the R-D1?
-Can the 15mm heliar be used with the adapter to Leica mount?

Maybe there is a site with answers to these questions, I would be very
grateful for a URL.

Anyway, the R-D1 looks very interesting!

Best,
Hans

Replies: Reply from thlrlgrp at mac.com (Mike Cahill) ([Leica] Update images using the R-D1)