Subject: [Leica] FOM2 judging to begin soon
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Nov 8 07:17:41 2004

Hi Alastair,

While I would love to be a judge again this year, I will be traveling from
December 9 through January 9 and unless the materials would be distributed
before then, I will not be available.

You and the FOM2 team have done a fantastic job and deserve much
congratulations for this fine effort.  I look forward to participating
again next year.

Best Regards,
Gene

G'day all,
Its sunday morning, and I've been working on the data base for this
year's FOM2 images: there are over 1300 entrants again this year, and a
lot of work to do!!!

So its time to call for judges. The thing runs like this. I sweat away
making up a database of the images, and produce a rather "crude"
judging CD rom. I send copies to Nth America and Europe, where I hope
someone will volunteer to copy and distribute them. Judges look through
and choose the images and send me the "votes". I collate them and
announce this years final 100, which join the 300 we have already
selected from years one to three. Then the "winners" send me a hard
copy and/or high quality scan of the image, and ifffffff I can convince
everyone to do so, we have the basis of an exhibit.

So if you would like to be part of this year's judging I'm now open to
offers: to those who have already offered, please remind me, I will try
to go back through my e-Mails, but being away for a month has "slowed"
me down ;-)

Also, the board will open for images again shortly: I'm looking for
opinions on the 12 "categories". It helps to "stimulate" some
direction: the couples section this year worked quite well I thought as
an example, so if you would like to see a "category" or wish to name
all 12 do help me and send the suggestions.

Remember, the project is a LUG project for all members: you can still
join in, BUT there is only one year left to run.

Thanks to all who have helped especially Tom Smart, who continues to
run the submission board with great dedication.

Cheers and here's luck

Alastair