Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIF questions
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Mon Nov 8 12:11:09 2004

of times. I use bulk film most of the time and I use an ordinary pair of
sissors to cut my leader. No template...... just duplicate the idiogram
on the camera with sissors. Insert the leader into the take-up spool,
making sure the film is against the flange of the spool. Pull out a
little film from the cassette and insert both the spool and cassette
into their respective wells, making sure the film slips down with them.
Seat the spool and cassette and take up the slack in the cassette with
the rewind knob. Be certain NOT to pull the leader free of the take-up
spool. Be certain that the holes in the film engage the advance sproket
teeth as the slack is taken up. Close the bottom and advance two frames
before setting the counter. Make sure the rewind knob turns, indicating
that the film is actually advancing.

It's much easier to do than to explain.

Walker

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Leica IIIF questions)