Subject: [Leica] Loading a Leica III
From: deecy at optonline.net (Tom C.)
Date: Mon Nov 8 14:38:57 2004

On my old IIIb, when I load film I use 24/36 cassettes, and I don't cut the
film. I just sacrifice a couple of frames by wrapping the full-width film
around the take up spool a couple of turns (after feeding the narrow portion
under the take-up spool spring). Then I carefully slide the whole thing down
into the body while watching through the lens aperture to see that it's
behind the little flange in the top of the film guides (I hold the shutter
open on "Bulb") It seems a complicated way, but I'm afraid if I trim the
film I'll screw it up.
Does this all make any sense? What does trimming the film accomplish by the
way? I've read of fragments of film breaking loose from the roll and causing
trouble.

Thanks,
Tom

Replies: Reply from tgif at mbi.nifty.com (Tom Kumagai) ([Leica] Loading a Leica III)