Subject: [Leica] Canon with Leica Adapter
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Nov 9 14:38:36 2004

Tina Manley <images@infoave.net> wrote:

>>> The fair comparison would be a Canon 20D with a Leica/Canon  lens
>> adaptor against a Leica R9.
>>Surely you jest.
>>Doug Herr
>
> Why?  Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.  The Leica R lenses on the
> Canon digitals are the best of both worlds.  Beautiful, clean, digital
> photos with Leica bokeh!
>
> Tina

The 20D isn't a top-of-the-line camera.  The viewfinder, for example,
especially the tolerances for what is considered 'accurate'.  The 20D is
considered with specs if the AF system is within 1 DOF of correct focus.
The comparable spec for the EOS 1-series cameras is within 1/3 DOF.  I'd
have a hard time believing the R9's viewscreen spec is comparable to the
20D's AF spec.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com