Subject: [Leica] mild cardiac arrest
From: sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu Nov 11 12:38:22 2004

New house cleaning persons here - woman and daughter - to put house in
proper order for potential buyers. I walk in corridor to see daughter
wielding a spray container of Glass Plus ("streak-free shine" and "use on
many household surfaces") beginning to squeeze forth from this container a
spray of its contents onto the surface of an unglazed Ciba print, one of
only six of my own images that hang in my home. I am unable to prevent the
thorough soaking of this p-hotograph though I am able to save the others. My
shriek attracts the attention of mother who arrives to find me gripping her
daugher's hand, still clutching said spray bottle whilst liquid streams down
my unglazed photograph. I explain that this was not a household surface upon
which I wished her daughter to apply any more of this spray.

Legal question: am I liable for anything?

Other than thoughts of homicide.

Looked at against the light, the photo has surface damage. Nothing compared
to my cardiac muscle.   :-(

Seth            LaK 9

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] mild cardiac arrest)