Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 44: My great loss
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 12:57:19 2004

Nathan

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  The tribute you have made tells his
story very well.

My Condolences to you and the family.

gene

I came back from the vacation in the US on Monday October 26. On Friday,
October 29 I received a call during the afternoon. My father in
Copenhagen had been taken to hospital with an apparent stroke. I
immediately drove to Copenhagen, arriving in the wee hours of the
morning. Unfortunately, the stroke was so massive that there was nothing
that could be done, and my father died in the afternoon of Monday,
November 1, without regaining consciousness.

During the weekend in the hospital I took a couple of pictures of him,
knowing fully well that these were probably the last ones I would be
taking of him. But those are for my private file. The way I want to
remember my father is like this:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_44.jpg
--happy and smiling during a visit to my home in the Netherlands in
August of this year.

I have also put up a written tribute to him on my site. There is a link
from the main page, or go directly to:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/far.html

Nathan

--