Subject: [Leica] Troubles with the scanner
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Nov 11 14:47:06 2004

Hello all,

My Scanner is Epson 3170, when I scan B&W negatives or positives I find the
quality quite acceptable, if I scan colour (paper) too, but when I scan
slides the quality is horrible, I can't scan more than 2 or 3 slides at a
time, if I scan 3 or 4 the 3th and the 4th has the image split,
approximately 50% of the image is black. The pictures I scan they never have
the quality as the slides, the colours are not brilliants, neither "alives",
the pictures are without transparency, without dimensional effect, a really
awgli pictures, I've never arrived to scan a slide and put it in my PC with
a similar quality as the colour pictures I see on the LUG, Andrew Nemeth,
Nathan, and many, many others.

I don't if it could be a problem of my Scanner or that I don't know the
technology to do it.

Someone could give me some information?

Thanks
Luis