Subject: [Leica] The Leica CL !?
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 12 06:55:31 2004

I have a Leica CL and like it for when I travel light. Most of the
Seville pictures on my fotoseville.com site are taken with the CL. It
is not an M but it is a nice camera. However, if you want to use lenses
longer than 50mm, I would suggest getting one of the Cosina/Voigtlander
cameras instead (assuming that you cannot afford an M). The CL has a
short rangefinder base which, at least based on my experience, cannot
cope with my 90mm lenses.

The other issue is the mercury battery--these are no longer sold
(legally) but you can buy an adapter which allows you to use regular
silver batteries. So that is not a huge issue in practice.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands
http://www.nathanfoto.com