Subject: [Leica] Spare parts story....
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Nov 12 12:20:35 2004

Story my father told me and supposedly true: A soldier during WW2
captured an engraved presentation handgun but his unit's policy forbid
mailing handguns home to the States. Being an enterprising sort, the
soldier broke the pistol down into various parts and mailed them. Parts
were apparently OK to mail. However, being cautious, he didn't mention
the pistol in letters to his wife for fear that the military censors
would inform his unit. A couple of months after sending the final parts,
he received a package from his wife..... with the completely assembled
pistol in it.

Walker