Subject: [Leica] First 35/2 Summicron shots
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Nov 13 09:40:07 2004

Yes I was mainly kidding like Sonny said but come to think of it this would
have had to be f16 had it not? At the most f11?!? At 1000th? !!!
I'd have loved to have seen a direct comparison between this and your
Voigtl?nder Cosina of these shots.
I bet the differences at this many pixels across would have been real hard
to make out side by side. Even big!

As a matter of fact you could have shot this with a card board throw away
and posted it and we'd very possibly not be able to tell the difference.
Throwing away your Leica in lie of the disposable..... :)

Its tough when you show as a picture and go in effect:
"Isn't this a lot better than my LAST lens."

Because we have no way of knowing and neither do you unless that difference
is illustrated.

All you are testing is the mood you're in when you woke up that morning
unless you do a  direct comparison. The same shot both lenses. Its not high
science. You can skip the placebo.

Amazing to me how many people on the list and just about everywhere "test"
their gear this way....   Against gear they no longer own.....

In direct sunlight of all sharp objects at f11 or f16.

The common denominator of most glass being well past (f8) and into the
diffraction zone.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon