Subject: [Leica] Yet Another Sign of the Times
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sun Nov 14 06:41:26 2004

I recall in the "repressed countries", photographing anything was not
allowed.

I live in Ottawa, and I can still stroll to the front door of our
Parliament buildings with my family and cameras.  There are many more
police and security cars parked and manned now, than in previous years,
and they all mostly smile back when I smile at them.

The US Embassy is a newish building a couple blocks away, and looks like
a garish fortress.  Locally, we just had a newspaper contest nominating
the biggest eyesores in the city, and I am surprised it didn't get
nominated.

Vick