Subject: [Leica] Re: I finally did buy one
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Nov 14 20:34:49 2004

At 05:58 PM 11/14/2004, Geir wrote:
>I finaly did get a Leica M camera i did buy a M4-2 seems to be a good
>user,and now i think i need advice to what lens to buy.

Hi, Geir.  You'll get a lot of different opinions from this group, which is
good, IMO.  All the Summicrons are great, but they're not cheap, even the
older ones can cost $500 or more.  I have had good experience with my 35mm
f/2.5 CV "Classic", which sells new for $229 at this site:
http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm.  There are other CV options but
this is the only one I've tried.  Just be sure if you buy a screwmount
version that you also get the correct M-adapter -- otherwise you won't be
able to use it on your M4-2.  The older screwmount Canon and Nikkors can
also be great.  I use the Nikkor 50mm 1.4 and Canon 28mm 2.8 along with my
Summicrons and Elmars.  I like them all.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108
505-262-4085