Subject: [Leica] Leather Binding
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Mon Nov 15 14:05:44 2004

Trust me, Dan, it is easier to make a living as a photographer than
binding books.  There are only three or four binders active in the US
who can command those five figure payments for their work.  There must
be many more photographers getting US$20,000 for a wedding shoot.  The
vast majority of binders toil away in the basements of libraries doing
basic book repair at US$10.00 an hour.  Others of a more independent
streak run their own shops doing drudge work rebinding the dreaded
family bible, favorite tomes from childhood, doctoral dissertations, and
hideous stacks of legal journals...neither enriching nor satisfying
work.

        Buzz