Subject: [Leica] Lake Berryessa
From: hlritter at mindspring.com (hlritter@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 18:53:54 2004

Lovely image, Adam. Reminds me of the three years I lived in Vacaville,
about 20 miles away, 1975-'78. I was a medical resident at the Air Force
medical center at Travis AFB. Learned to waterski on Berryessa.

BTW, did you see the "Glory Hole", or something like that as we called it,
being the top of the 300-foot-high standpipe with funneled opening? It's
located down by the earthen dam, and I believe serves to drain overflow so
no spillway is needed. Gave me the shivers every time I saw it. Looks
absolutely dreadful when you imagine being dumped out of your boat and
drifting, faster than you can swim, inexorably toward the sucking maw....
MOMMY! MOMMY!

But I'm all better now.... I just won't be able to look at your panorama
again.

--howard