Subject: [Leica] War Photos
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon Nov 15 22:12:05 2004

> At 07:04 PM 11/15/2004, B. D. Colen wrote:
>> It's one of the stronger photos to come out of this mess, but it
>> doesn't
>> begin to touch Don MucCullin's iconic photo of the burnt out Marine at
>> Hue...

I agree. That's one haunting picture. Talk about a shell of a man..

http://www.vva.org/TheVeteran/2002_09/images/uni_soldier.jpg
http://www.vva.org/TheVeteran/2002_09/uni_soldier.htm

Then there is Duncan

http://www.popasmoke.com/visions/showimage.php?content=4010

And another less known shot by the Washington Post's Frank Johnston.
It's a little more difficult to see, because the scan is small and it's
a wider shot

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/vietnam/
vietnam.htm

I think Ted is right. I took the pic into Photoshop, made it b/w and
printed it down a little.
It works better, but without wanting to diminished what that fellow
went through, he doesn't look
quite as crispy as the guys in Duncan and McCullin's shots. Those two
guys truly look like they have spent an extended period of time in full
on combat, under extreme conditions and may have cheated death
recently.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com