Subject: [Leica] 2nd M-body recommendation
From: sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Tue Nov 16 04:28:56 2004

IMHO, much too bulky and unwieldy, Vick, compared with any other M. And to
me, the meter mechanism has serious functional limitations.

Much as I love the M3, M2 and M4, I agree with those who plump for the M6. I
would try for the original "classic" M6, aus Wetzlar gekommen, even if you
then send it to Leica for a routine CLA. I did just that and got back an M6
that truly rivalled for smoothness of film advance/shutter cock, my old M4
and any M3 I have used. Sherry Krauter told me that for some reason, the
factory shipped M6's slightly "dryer" than earlier M's and that they get
much better after a CLA, "particularly one of hers!"  ;-)

Seth            LaK 9