Subject: [Leica] soo.. anyone ordered a R8/R9 digital back yet?
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Tue Nov 16 22:01:52 2004

oh, I don't think they'd be selling that many in the first six month
here in Aus.  I doubt there's that many R8's in Aus - total!

Must say, I have wondered how many of these things they expect to sell
worldwide in the first couple of years.  I asked Leica when they expect
to release an upgraded sensor - no answer.  I might wait for something
in the 20 + mega pix category.  I think it'd need that, or 30, to keep
up with good film and my R lenses.

Rick Dykstra, Australia