Subject: [Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or aspherical lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Nov 17 11:41:26 2004

On 11/17/04 9:55 AM, "Beddoe, Neil" <nbeddoe@lehman.com> typed:

> Ooh and ouch!.  The asph is razor sharp with very high contrast.  The non
> asph is just sharp with pretty good contrast.

Erwin has forbidden us in the past from using the "S" word.

As it is fairly meaningless and deceptive.

My moneys on the ASPH though being "S"er than the non ASPH. Anyday.

Especially at the edges.

However if you're shooting digital than you'll not need the edges....!:)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/