Subject: [Leica] M4 - M4P - M4-2
From: frankandaubrey at mindspring.com (Frank Farmer)
Date: Fri Nov 19 07:52:30 2004

Daniel,

You are correct in that each of the cameras - M4, M4-2, M4-P - have
accessory shoes.  However,
the accessory shoe on the M4 has no electrical contacts that would trigger a
flash.  Only the M4-2
and the M4-P have a "hot" accessory shoe.  Of course, a flash can still be
used with a M4 using the
correct sync cord.

Good luck with your choice!

Frank