Subject: [Leica] A few more snaps from Monument Valley
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Nov 19 16:18:19 2004

If you're not terminally bored, here are a few more shots from my tour
of Monument Valley this October Past.

One of the most famous formations is "The Mittens". This is quite
similiar to another shot I posted earlier, but framed to reveal the
reflected formations.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/The Mittens.jpg>

Down inthe valley I watched with some wariness as the storm began to
blow over the south-western verge of the valley itself. The sweeping
sunlight produced some nice contrasts.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/Sunlit Ridge.jpg>

Here a Navajo jeep carries tourists deeper into the valley. There are
many locations you can only see if accompanied by a Navajo guide,
although you can choose to drive your own vehicle.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/ValleyTour.jpg>

Some of the vast formations received full sun for a few moments before
the direct light all but vanished.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/Monolith.jpg>

All of these are on Provia with R8 and the trusty zoom.

Comments, advice, thoughts, most welcome.

Adam

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] A few more snaps from Monument Valley)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] A few more snaps from Monument Valley)