Subject: [Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sat Nov 20 06:03:47 2004

My Spherical 35 Summicron is Canadian made, serial #3465680 and, like
yours, is a wonderful lens, even wide open.  To be honest, I have never
done side by side comparisons of the Spherical's bokeh against the
Aspherical's at any aperture, however, I have noted that the over-all
effect of the Spherical is quite pleasing regardless of f-stop.

My wife, too, has a finely tuned nonsense meter which she liberally
applies to much tat I say and she's usually right.

        Best regards,

        Buzz