Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Nov 20 09:33:01 2004

Hold on there..... you need to swap image files, make the same image on both
printers to make a comparison.....Not a swap of 2 different images on 2
different printers.....

As far as digital images projected on analog paper with a laser, go to your
local 1 hour minilab.... it probably has one ... the fancy Lightjet printers
are a totally different ( like 100x cost factor) than what you and I would
have at home, and are a real viable alternative for good quality prints.  My
local pro lab switched to these some years ago, and for color work, they
exceed the older workflow.  Your image gets scanned, cleaned up, and printed
for about what we used to pay for pure analog work.  Getting a copy of the
scan for use on your own time, is a totally different charge......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Any idea how the prints compare to those from the big printers that "paint"
lasers on real film paper and then develop the paper traditionally?  I can
get prints on true B&W RC paper for $2.50 per 8x10.

Anybody interested in doing a print swap to compare?