Subject: [Leica] Progress
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Nov 20 09:38:28 2004

Just to give a sense of reality - that's the S5W maneuvering room
panels from TAUTOG altered to hide confidential/secret information. It
was on display at the Smithsonian a couple of years ago.

>From left to right are the Steam Plant Control Panel (the twin wheels
are the ahead (larger) and astern(smaller) throttles), the Reactor
Plant Control Panel and the Electric Plant Control Panel. There were
two stools (mounted into the deck) in front of the last two and bench
locker in front of the SPCP.

Four people stood watch in Maneuvering when the reactor plant was
operating. I spent a LOT of hours in front of that middle panel, I can
tell you.

Adam