Subject: [Leica] Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Nov 20 15:10:58 2004

On 11/20/04 12:23 PM, "Jeffery Smith" <jefferys@gmail.com> typed:

> I wish my house were set up for a darkroom, but it is too small and
> too dusty (150 years old). So, I will use an Epson 1280 and inks from
> www.inkjetmall.com from now on.
>
> Jeffery

If your darkroom is in the basement it doesn't matter how dusty it is
because the naturally high humidity keeps the dust off your negs as you
print. You wont have a dust problem surprisingly. But you can't use a glass
carrier as you get Newton rings. Or Van Allen belts. Rainbow phenomenon
which comes out in your prints.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon