Subject: [Leica] Light table
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Nov 21 10:34:41 2004

Some comments on safety,,,,,  I had the top glass tempered because if it
should break, I did not want my wrists slashed from the glass shards.  The
distances from the lights to the opal glass, and then from the opal glass to
the top glass are all important.  They ideally would be FAR apart.  But then
the thing would be really too tall.  So you arrive at a compromise.

BTW, I was really annoyed that the temper-store ( the glass shops send out
for tempering) marked the top glass as tempered... That then messed up my
nice clean top glass lines....

lastly, think about how you seal the thing up against light leaks, and then
how you get inside the sealed up box to replace the bulbs.  All of this
BEFORE you start.

Have fun......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net