Subject: [Leica] Interesting MP
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sun Nov 21 19:37:29 2004

On Nov 21, 2004, at 7:25 PM, SonC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/21/2004 8:59:25 PM Central Standard Time,
> bladman99@yahoo.ca writes:
> Recall the movie "The Magic Christian"?    There was a scene where
> Peter
> Sellers buys a valuable Rembrandt from gallery owner John Cleese, and
> then
> proceeds to cut the nose out of the portrait in the painting, much to
> Cleese's chagrin.
>
> Buying a 24x34 Nikon rangefinder and using it is like cutting the nose
> out
> of a Rembrandt.
>
> -dan c.
> WHAT?   Dan, you of all people.  If I had a Rembrandt I would show it
> everyone.

A Rembrant doesn't doesn't become damaged or worn from looking at it.

>   If I ahd any camera, i would shoot it..

Even a Luxus? Null series? First production M3?

>  If I had a $300,000 car, I
> would drive it every day. (if it ran)

Me too, but probably not if it was a one of a kind. Not for monetary
reasons, but because I think as it's owner I would have a certain of
responsibility
to preserve it for future generations, who may want to experience it.
Would you fly the Spirit of St Louis if you owned it?

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com