Subject: [Leica] old Leica photo books. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 21 21:34:30 2004

Muhammad Chishty said:

> Hi Ted!
>
> The oldest "Leica" book I have is The Leica Manual
> (2nd Edition) by Willard Morgan, Henry Lester and
> Contributors, published in 1937 by Morgan & Lester,
> Publishers.<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Muhammad,
You have me beat good sir by 10 years  ;-) on this particular book, mine is
1947. I also have the 1951 edition. :-) So now the challenge is to find a
1937 or the first edition, 1935. :-) On another shelf of Leica books I
discovered the first new Leica Manual I'd purchased, the 15th edition, 1973
published by Morgan & Morgan .

They certainly are a wealth of photography information and an interesting
read due to then and now of what we've learned and experinced since the
first edition was published.

ted